Hey there! My name is Goke (pronounced Go-kay). I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, studied in Wichita, Kansas and now live in Austin, Texas. I tinker with technology, provide support for products, and work with technology companies to help retain and grow their business and enterprise customers.
I have spent the last 8 years working with customer experience teams as an individual contributor, and a leader. I’ve been in various roles –
- working directly with customers
- building technical support teams
- enabling team members to do their best work
- creating operational processes
- creating voice of the customer programs,
- and ultimately delivering awe-inspiring experiences to end users of technology products
Want more details about those roles? Check out my professional profile instead.
In my free time, you can catch me cooking, seeing live music, eating good food (I’ll eat any type of food that doesn’t have lactose – try me!) or playing drums.
Current Role: Customer Success Manager at DigitalOcean
In General: Creating things, doing good work, and making a positive impact with people.
Some facts about me:
- My purpose is to make a positive social impact; doing things that empower the people around me to do more, be happy, and reach higher. Watching them do this fulfills me.
- I love my friends and my family. I’ve been positioned around some of the best people that have ever existed in our world. I’m grateful for that.
- I like technology, a lot. I like to create or combine disparate things to solve new problems, or just do cool things with technology. Tinkerer; with hardware and in the cloud.
- I like arts – poetry, music, acting, painting, photography – and most creative pursuits. I admire people who strive to share a piece of themselves with the world in creative ways, no matter the medium. Getting in the mind of the artist for me is exhilarating, and it’s a brief opportunity to see things from the eyes of another through their work. Always exciting.
- I can help figure almost anything out. Give it to me along with some vision and caffeine – in that order.
- You’ve made it this far? I think you’re awesome. Be positive and exhaust yourself striving to be the best at anything worth your time. That’s all I’m trying to do.
Can I help with anything? Contact me.